The mirror TV mount is not a easy task as you think. When you are looking forward to making your living space more elegant with a wall-mounted television, you need to know how to handle this task conveniently and install the TV mount at a proper height.
The first step is to select a TV mount that matches the specifications of your television. Besides, you may have your personal preferences when choosing the wall mount bracket. Here is how you can choose the bracket and progress ahead to know how to mount a TV on the wall.
1. Some tips of mirror TV mount
- When installing your mirror with TV built in at a great height from the ground, you require the tilting wall mount that lends a specific angle to the screen.
- The swivel mount is suitable when you need the television to point to the left and right directions for catering to the audience’s convenience.
- The full-motion wall mount allows you to adjust the television up, down, left, and right from a specific angle. Some models come with an arm that lets you mount the television in one corner.
Regardless of the model of the TV mount you choose, it is necessary to know the procedure for the installation of the television.
2. Selecting the location of installation and the height of the viewing
Fixing the mirrored TV on the wall requires patience, and you need to stay mindful before drilling holes in the wall. Consider the following to fix the mount on the wall and know how to choose the correct height of the television.
- You need to choose a location with access to power points, connections for accessories and speakers, and cable input sources.
- Keep the television away from the reach of direct heat, sunlight, vibrations, or any place that hinders the direct flow of traffic.
- You can also place the mirror TV mount in a location that allows you to put a shelf beneath to place the essential equipment.
- You need to choose a suitable location for storing all the other components, such as DVD players, cable boxes, and gaming equipment.
- Choosing a weight-bearing wall is appropriate, and be sure to check that the wall can support four times the weight of the television and the mount for safety.
At what height do you want to install the television? The following points will clarify.
- The ideal height of the television installation should be at the center when resonating with the eye level of viewers in the sitting position.
- Try to position the bottom of the display above the eye level when seated and the top of the display above the eye level when you stand.
- You can cut out a sheet of cardboard or paper that matches the size of the television exactly and fix it to the wall with painter’s tape.
- You can test the viewing from different locations in the room and find it at the correct height without straining the eyes and neck.
3. Find out the wall studs
You need to screw into the studs when mounting the television on the wall. Once you identify a suitable location for mounting the television, you must run a stud finder on the wall to locate the studs. Try to mark it with painter’s tape to locate the right place.
4. Marking and drilling the pilot holes
There are small holes for pushing the screws inside the wall. Know what you need to do to drill those holes.
- You need to hold the mount towards the wall and make sure the level is straight.
- Use a pencil to make light marks on the wall for drilling holes.
- You need to attach a masonry bit to the wall and make holes in the wall.
5. Positioning the wall mount
Once you drill the holes in the wall, you need to hold the wall mount bracket against the wall to ensure that it is even. You can also ask someone to help you hold the mount against the wall.
6. Attach the mount
For attaching the television mount, you need to get someone to hold the mount bracket against the wall in those places where you have drilled the holes. With the drill machine’s help, you can drive the screws inside and attach the wall mount bracket to the wall. Finally, check the position and level of the mount to determine if it is accurate.
Now, you need to fix the mounting plate at the back of the television according to the manual’s instructions and attach the television to the wall mount bracket. You have to check the connection between the television and the wall plate to ensure security. When lifting the television to the wall, you need to use your legs instead of your back to prevent injuries.
7. Hiding the cables
Once you mount the mirror TV, use a cord cover to hide the cables if they hand from behind the television. Your television is now ready for use, and relax while watching the television from a preferred viewing angle.